Pinterest Inspired Art

This pin has been on my project ideas board for a while.  I had bought some canvases some time ago but ended up returning them.  Not knowing when I would ever buy more canvases, I decided to create this project with some foam board I had in the closet.  


I started by taping off my lines with painter's tape.  The tape I had was 1 inch but I cut the strips in half to make my lines thinner.


Using blue and red craft paint, I randomly painted sections of my board.  After removing the tape, here's what it looked like.  I was surprised how easy the tape came off the foam board being that it's paper.  It was Elmer's board so maybe it made a difference but I've tried with dollar store boards before and the paper ripped.
 
 
I originally made these to go above the sofa in the living room, but changed my mind.  They were a little too bright for the space.  One of them ended up in the back hall coming in from the garage.
 

The hall was empty before and this adds some pow when you walk in.




Not sure where the other board will end up but for now I like this one here. 

 

Sharing with
The Winthrop Chronicles * Bower Power * Young House Love * Ugly Duckling House * Our Fifth House * Southern Lovely * DIY by Design * Savvy Southern Style * Clean and Scentsible * Bear Rabbit Bear * House of Hepworths * The 36th Avenue * Five Days Five Ways * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * The Shabby Nest * DIY Showoff * I Heart Naptime * It's So Very Cheri * Making The World Cuter * Positively Splendid * The Gunny Sack * Under The Table and Dreaming * Classy Clutter * Thrifty Decor Chick * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Domestically Speaking * Ginger Snap Crafts * Crafty Confessions *

Comments

  1. this is really nice! I may have to try the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool! and seemingly easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh MAN, i SO could have done this! thanks for the reminder that i have this pinned. yours looks FAB!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I'd love for you to share this at my link party Submarine Sunday. It's open until Friday @ 11:59pm. I hope you'll stop by!

    T'onna
    http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/11/submarine-sunday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it and I love the fact it would be so easy to customize it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room