Hanging A Mirror With Ribbon

I wanted to hang a mirror in the nursery but wasn't sure how I wanted to do it.  I thought about just gluing a hanger to the back and calling it lovely but I decided a ribbon would give me some more punch of color.


I started with a round mirror from Michael's, my orange ribbon, and hot glue.
 

I cut 2 pieces of ribbon the same length.  Remember to burn the edges so they won't fray.
 

I tried to decide how far I wanted the mirror to hang and tied a knot in the middle accordingly.  The knot is almost centered but more towards one side.


On one side I tied a bow and the other side I hot glued to the back of the mirror.


I hung it using a nail through the middle of the knot.


It's a nice little touch.  Thinking about a gallery wall around the mirror and some small trinkets.  Remember this will be the changing table.  What do you think?



 

Sharing with
Southern Lovely * Bear Rabbit Bear * House of Hepworths * DIY Showoff * Making the World Cuter *

Comments

  1. What a great project..and so simple too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Looks really good - one question, my experience with hot glue on smooth surfaces is that it always snaps off on me, got any tips for me? :D

    Maybe I need a hotter glue gun, like those old school ones!

    Keep up the good work, and YES to gallery wall ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips! I love the idea of a gallery wall. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Sunburst In The Dining Room

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves