DIY Wooden Arrow

My son's nursery is slowly changing.  I guess I shouldn't even call it a nursery anymore since he's two.  I don't really see him as a baby now since he's doing so many things on his own and talking non-stop.  We've removed the front rail from his crib and he gets in and out of bed like a big boyIt kind of makes me sad to know he's the last baby we'll have.

I want to start making changes to his room.  I still love the gray and orange palette.  I've been drawn to the rustic, industrial look and I think his room is the perfect space to add those elements.  The first project to begin this look is a wooden arrow.


I started with a leftover poplar board from the board and batten project and a couple of large paint sticks.


Using my miter box, I cut a triangle from the poplar board.  This will be the arrow point.  I cut two pieces from one of the paint sticks for the rear of the arrow.  I used another paint stick for the body.  I didn't measure anything, I just eyeballed it.  I tried several times before it looked right to me.  I glued everything together with wood glue and let it dry overnight.


I applied a coat of dark stain, I believe it was dark walnut, to give that contrast I was going for.  Using command strips, I hung it on the wall in the nursery.


It fits nicely right above the shelf and dresser.  You may remember we used the dresser as a changing table while he was a baby.  The changing pad sat right on top.  We just removed the pad and now we have a dresser he can use for years to come.




I like how this little arrow turned out.  I've got more leftover wood so another arrow is bound to pop up somewhere else in the house.

Hanging a Mirror With Ribbon
Giraffe Decal

 
You're reading DIY Wooden Arrow by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents.  If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, and Hometalk.

Comments

  1. Hi Andrea, I love this and it's totally do-able. I replicated your diy wooden sign that said "harvest" a while back. Mine says "design" so I think I'll try this one too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room