Model Home Inspiration

I visited another model home this past week, but this time it was in my own neighborhood.  I told you how much I love walking through model homes, drooling and taking in the inspiration.  I love to see how other designers see a space.  My subdivision is pretty large and still growing.  According to the agent on duty, we are supposed to have over 900 homes by the time they are done.  That's huge right?  Well, they recently built the new model home closer to the newer builds.  The original was sold.  I frequently pass the new one on the way in but we never stop.  Well, on this day I did.  It was just me and my girl.

The house was huge.  It has 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, and a full basement.  It has the option to go up to a 6 bedroom.  I constantly joke with my husband about how we need more space.  This house was enough to make me want to move but then regret moving because there's so much to clean.

Excuse the iphone pics.  That's all I had on me.  I took a lot of pictures so settle in.

 This is formal living when you first walk in.  I immediately loved the color palette with the blues and reds.  It was very calming.



The formal dining room is attached right behind it.
 

To the back of the house on the left is the family room.  I normally wouldn't like this floorplan but the space was so open I didn't mind it.


The kitchen is to the right.  It was beautiful with white cabinets and dark hardwood floors.  The island was huge.


The back deck is large and located right off the kitchen.  Perfect for entertaining.


I noticed in every room there was some sort of console table with fantastic mirror and lamp combos.  This one is in the formal living as an entry table.


This one is right before the formal dining.  I usually go for the more modern straight edge furniture but I loved the curved lines on this console.


The guest room and bath are located on the main floor.  The shiplap caught my eye.  It was used as an accent wall in the room.


Here's another table and lamp combo in this room.


Can you guess what was at the top of the stairs?  Another table and mirror.  I love the detail of the dresser.


This is the wide open loft area upstairs.  It was twice the size of our current loft at home.  I could see my kids not wanting to come downstairs ever.  Well, we would need a TV up here then they wouldn't budge.


There was a spot for homework.  Yes, off my kitchen counter.


I really like this shelf.  I think I may incorporate something like this in our loft.


These hanging shelves are really cool too.


This is the girls room.  My daughter was drawn to the pink and claimed it as her own.  It was so tidy and all I could think about was her dolls strewn across the floor.



This bedroom was connected by a jack-and-jill bathroom.  I would never have peace and quiet if my kids shared a bathroom.  I like the blue green color on the wall.




The room next to it was actually a bonus room option.  In the normal floorplan this would be a part of the 2 story foyer.  They turned it into another family area.





And finally the master bedroom.


The master sitting room is an option as well.  It would normally be another bedroom.


The master bethroom was spacious with his and her vanities and a walk in closet.



I took away so many great ideas.  Just about every room had an accent wall and table, mirror, and lamp combo.  I think the designers did a great job pulling the house together.  I would immediately move in if asked.

 
You're reading Model Home Inspiration by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents.  If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, and Hometalk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room