An Organized Linen Closet

Good morning friends!

I have joined some of my favorite blogging ladies for #4daysoforganizing. We are all sharing some tips on organizing our homes in the new year. If you are visiting from The Handy Home Girl, welcome! Come on in!


If you are like me, I have decided that I need to get my home in order. I like to think of myself as an organized person but there are many areas of my home that I lack a system for. The first being my pantry but that is going to take more time than I have right now. I have decided that I will start with the linen closet in our master bathroom.


The before isn't horrible but you can see that we just kind of tossed things in without thought. We knew where things were. Having wire shelves can prove to be difficult because things fall between the cracks and bottles don't sit up straight. It is frustrating to balance a small bottle just right on the shelf.


The first thing I did was pull everything out of the closet. I did this so I could see exactly what was in the closet and what could be tossed or kept. I grouped my kept items into categories. There's one for first aid items, one for nail polish, and the other two are random items that we may need to reach for.

Here is the after. It feels so much lighter in here now. No more clutter.




I picked up these collapsible baskets from Dollar Tree. I think putting things in baskets really keeps like things together. They also hide the contents well even if the contents are just thrown inside. I could have a dirty little secret and no one would even know. Those pesky bottles and smaller items can no longer fall between the gaps of the wire shelves either.



I like to use simple white towels to keep it looking uniform. We have collected different styles over the years but since they are all white, they still look neat and put together. A bonus is they are easy to wash. Just throw them in the wash with bleach.

We have always kept the cleaning supplies in this closet. I already had this caddy for holding the sprays. The caddy makes it easy to carry them from bathroom to bathroom throughout the house. I bought the white basket from Dollar Tree as well. It holds additional cleaners and sponges.

I don't know why I had not done this closet purge before. I already feel like I've accomplished so much with this simple closet overhaul.

Be sure to check out the other great tips from these ladies on organizing this week.

Tuesday
Carli | Made By Carli
Whitney | Whitney J Decor

Wednesday
Ashley | The Handy Home Girl
Andrea | Decorating Cents (me)

Thursday
Crystal | The Holliday Collective
 Erin | Live Pretty on a Penny

Friday
Nicole | She Does a Bunch
Megan | The Walker Haven

 
You're reading An Organized Linen Closet by Andrea, originally posted on Decorating Cents. If you've enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Andrea on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin, Instagram, and Hometalk.

Comments

  1. Wow!! You did such a wonderful job! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, what I love most about this space is it's simplicity. I think you struck a great line between simple and organized. That's something I can learn from. Also, I've slowly been making the transition to all white towels too. Wash, bleach, and you're done! Enjoyed collaborating with you and hope to do it again real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same size linen closet as you, but mine is in my hallway, so it's used for the whole house, ugh! You got me inspired to add some baskets to organize all the small toiletries I throw in there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Wall Mounted TV and Hiding The Cords

Installing Ikea Lack Shelves

Sunburst In The Dining Room